Download the questions as a .pdf (for printing) or
copy and paste them (for editing) from the list below.
See this post for 10 ideas on how to use these discussion questions.
- What’s your favourite celebration? Why?
- Can you describe the last wedding you went to? What was it like?
- Do you like dressing up for special occasions? What do you normally wear to a wedding?
- How much do you usually spend on gifts for your family and friends each year?
- Which is the best birthday party you’ve been to this year? Why?
- What’s the best party you’ve ever been to?
- Has anything funny or embarrassing ever happened to you at a party?
- Do you prefer to give presents or to receive them?
- Are there any special celebrations unique to your country? Tell us about one of them!
- What’s the next special day you’ll celebrate this year? How will you celebrate it?
- Do you think that pets should get presents?
- What’s the most boring present you’ve ever received?
- Have you ever received a present for passing an exam? What did you get?
- Which day would you like to make a public holiday? What would people do?
- What’s the best present you’ve ever given someone?
- What would be your perfect present?
- Have you ever been at a celebration that got out of hand? What happened?
- How would you celebrate if your country won the football World Cup?
- Do you think businesses should close on public holidays?
- When is New Year’s Day in your country? How do you celebrate it?